About HealthEd Connect
HealthEd Connect Objectives
We will remain flexible to emerging needs as we work to empower women and children through health, education, and advocacy programs. We use the following objectives to further our mission:
- Train and empower community health workers who provide a bridge between the villagers and health and educational professionals.
- Use a participatory research model to train community members to conduct targeted assessments of children’s needs.
- Develop evidence-based education and health programs to meet children’s needs based on the community health worker findings.
- Be an advocate for the local people by connecting them with resources, organizations, training programs, and funds to carry out the education and health programs they have identified as top priorities.
- Recruit a HealthEd Connect support team of individuals with skills and means who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of children.
- Mentor and develop local leadership so that programs become self-sufficient and sustainable.